What you’ll need:
- 4 Free range pork sausages
- 2 Onions – chopped roughly
- 1 Green Pepper – depith, deseed and slice
- 1 Red Pepper – depith, deseed and slice
- 1 Yellow Pepper – depith, deseed and slice
- 1 Bunch of Thyme – leaves removed
- 2 Garlic cloves – crushed and finely chopped
- Apt21 Home made Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive Oil
How it’s done:
Heat a pan with olive oil over medium to high heat.
Toss in the onions and allow to soften for 2-3 minutes before adding the peppers.
Add seasoning and allow to caramelise and char, but do not burn. Turn down the heat if necessary and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
Add in the garlic and cook for further 1 minute.
Add thyme leaves and remove from heat, cover.
Wipe out the pan, put back on the heat with olive oil.
Add the sausages and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, until cooked through and browning.
Add the home made hot sauce and honey and allow to get sticky and carmelise, cooking a further 5-8 minutes.
Remove from heat and plate with pepper and onion mixture, enjoy!